Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Anything apple is always good. Found in "The Pampered Chef" Spring/Summer 2002.
- 5 granny smith apples
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Peel, core and slice apples. Cut apples in half. Place apples in a baking dish.
- Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in a bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.
I can't tell you how many times that I have made this and have gotten rave reviews. I mix the sugar and cinnamon in the apples themselves and pour the dry cake mix over the top of the apples, and drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix and bake. My friends have also used peaches, and I have used pumpkin pie filling which was amazing. You can also skip the nuts and it tastes just as good without them.