Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious chilled salad to serve as a side at potluck's, barbecue's, etc. It goes great with hamburgers on the grill and we like it a lot as a side to light chicken or pork dishes. I always keep the ingredients on hand so I can make it in a pinch. Prep time does not include chill time. All ingredients can be altered to suit your tastes. This also doubles nicely. Enjoy!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 (6 ounce) cans baby shrimp
- 1 small onion, minced (or 3 whole green onions)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to direction, drain and cool.
- Drain canned shrimp and soak in ice water for 20 minutes (to remove excess fishy taste and firm them up.).
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Season to taste. Chill for at least 3 hours.