Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Comfort food of cheese and potatoes. Great winter warmer.
- 2 cups peel and grated potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Butter baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, butter, eggs, onion, salt and paprika; mix well.
- Place potato mixture into prepared baking dish and pour milk over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with cheese, return to oven and bake until cheese melts.
I made this for dinner to go with chicken and added a few things...Used the frozen diced potatoes o'brien with peppers and onion. With that the added onion is not necessary, in my opinion. But also added cream of broccoli soup and frozen broccoli, more shredded cheese to the mix and topped with cheese. Turned out wonderful. Makes a great comfort food and one for cold fall/winter evenings. Thanks for sharing.
I am giving 5 stars because I liked these. As I was cooking ham at 300 degrees...they should have cooked longer. Little to "cruncy" still for hubby. I used some onion powder instead of onion and 3 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs and skim milk. Never heard of "tasty cheese"...so I used 4 cheese mexican. Hubby said he would like them if they weren't "cruncy". Thanks for the recipe...I will be making again.
So yummy. I added bits of baked ham and mixed the milk with cream of mushroom soup then poured it over. No leftovers...yummy.