Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the minestrone I prefer. It's quick to prepare, reheats well and is healthy and low in fat.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (250 g) jar tomato paste
- 1 cup small macaroni pasta
- 3 chicken stock cubes, any flavour you want
- 5 cups water
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots and celery, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, water, stock cubes, pasta, beans, oregano and pepper.
- Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with parmesan cheese for sprinkling.
This is so simple and just so good! My husband just isn't a fan of soup...especially a soup without meat, and he raved over this. I added some of my dad's canned home-grown tomatoes. It is perfect. Thanks!
This could be the quickest and easiest minestrone ever!! The bean starch thickens it up, makes it homey. Thanks for the keeper!
This is a very good, no-frills recipe. I served this at a party and it was a big hit! Even the kids loved it!