Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love ham BBQ sandwiches, but out of all I have ever tried, this one reigns supreme!!! It is so simple, but it is the perfect blend of sweet and tart...oh, it is just fantastic! I like to serve these with home-made french fries...one of my Dad's favorite meals!!
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 lb chipped ham
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash garlic powder
- In medium saucepan, boil all ingredients except ham for 20 minutes.
- Drop chipped ham into mixture and add seasonings.
- Boil long enough to heat through (about 5 minutes), mixing to coat ham with sauce mixture.
- Serve on fresh kaiser rolls (I like mine with a slice of American on top.. yummy!!!).
Delicious! Will definitely be making this again. Thank you!
My mom makes this often and I absolutely love it! It is a comfort food for me and we're actually having it for dinner tonight. :)
I converted the recipe to serve two..it was very good, tasty, and a great alternative to that plain old ham sandwich--I'll be making this again..thank you so much!!!! TERESA