Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this up on the fly when I discovered I needed some Chinese barbecue sauce to go with some Chinese ribs I was making for ZWT4.
- 3⁄4 cup low-carb barbecue sauce or 3⁄4 cup regular barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (optional) or 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon bsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Stir together ingredients and use as needed.
went on a hunt for this type of sauce...BINGO! I got lucky & hit the jackpot! This is perfect as written (BTW Great job Sue) I loved it & it worked perfectly with my pork. The touch of heat couldn't have been better. Next time I'll make a bigger batch.
I liked this sauce.I did heat it up with pulled pork to use in steamed buns.I don't care for hoisin,so this was ideal for me~