Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on a can of "Bush's" garbanzo beans. This is one of my favorite lunches now. Tossed on top of some lettuce or stuffed into a pita. Let me kow if you try any successful variations.
- 2 (907.18 g) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 255.14 g can tuna
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinaigrette
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper (freshly cracked if you have it)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- For best results let it marinate at least one hour before serving.
- See I said it was simple.
Great! Did everything the same except only used one can of chickpeas. My husband especially loves it.
Quick, delicious and healthy! I used red wine vinegar b/c that's all I had and also topped it with some reduced fat feta cheese (just b/c I love the combination of chickepeas and fet) Will definitely make again. Thanks!
Delicious salad! I followed your recipe exactly, but used red wine vinegar instead of balsamic. I also went ahead and added some fresh oregano and feta because I had them on hand and thought they may be a tasty addition. WOW! So, so good and so fresh! Thanks so much for sharing! I'll definitely be making this again! Delish!