Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious meatloaf that takes no time to make but tastes like a loaf of comfort. Everyone absolutely loves it! Easily halved or doubled.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (approximate-used to soften stuffing)
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (can sub or also use ketchup)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put stuffing in bowl and moisten with water adding or subtracting water as necessary to have stuffing mix moist, mush it around a bit because the stuffing will absorb all the water.
- Add meat and beaten egg and mush everything together.
- Add 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce and continue mushing until everything is combined.
- Put mixture into a loaf pan and shape, pour remaining BBQ sauce on top, or you can do a mixture or BBQ sauce and ketchup.
- Bake for 1 hour.
If I made this again I would cut the water in half at least, meatloaf came out watery and slightly mushy.
Meatloaf is always popular at my house, and we usually enjoy a sandwich the next day with the leftovers. This was so good the first time around, we didn't have any left! So easy and very good. Thanks for a great recipe.