Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is one of those "from the dietitian" deals. I don't know where she gets this stuff, but it's pretty darn good. The hospital where she works always has good food and I actually don't mind eating there. But then again, when you're in the hospital on a 1200 cal. diet instead of your totally flexible at-home carb counting diet, you'll eat just about anything except the baked hamburger steak.
Top Review by Annacia
Outstanding taste from a simple and low fat recipe. I used low fat mayo and also made it earlier in the day to allow everything to merge. I was quite surprised that the mayo actually stayed on the chicken instead of dripping off when grilled. It produced a moist and tender piece of meat and the small amount of lemon was a great touch. I will absolutely be using this recipe for many summers to come.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lb.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together all the herbs, mayo, and lemon juice. Brush on the chicken.
- Light your grill about 20 minutes before grilling the chicken. Allow the chicken to soak up the first brushing.
- Place on the grill and cook until done, continuing to brush the mixture on the chicken until done.