Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
These are a lighter version of the old favorite. Quick for a snack or a meal for the whole family!
- 12 1⁄2 ounces canned chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (mild or spicy)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup low-fat cheese, shredded (mexican blend)
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- in large bowl, add chicken, salsa, taco seasoning, cheese, and mix well.
- heat griddle to medium heat, or heat oven to 350f degrees.
- spread equal amounts of chicken onto 4 of the tortillas making sure to get as close to the edges as possible. cover with remaining tortillas.
- spray griddle with cooking spray, if using oven, spray tops of tortilla with cooking spray (and again when you turn them). cook for 3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
- cut into 4 pieces and serve with a dollpe of sour crean on each.
Super Quick and yummy! Served with Lettuce, Tomato, onion, and Sour cream. I would also add in olives but I didn't have any in the house. It was really good. The family loved it. And since I only had a few minutes to get dinner on the table, this was perfect! Thanks!!
Simple easy recipe. I added some cheese on top of the quesadillas while they were in the pan, flipped the them for 30 seconds to melt the cheese - perfect. Served with salsa ans a dab of cottage cheese. Thanks Darrinw2001 they were very tasty quesadillas