Recipe by erinBOberrin
Tastes rich, but is really low fat. Try and combo of vegetables, or add chicken, crab or shrimp.
Top Review by tatumis
I printed out the recipe and got a little confused when I realized there were no instructions for thickening the sauce. I don't know if that was supposed to be there and was left out, or if it is not supposed to be thickened, but I used a couple of teaspoons of cornstarch to thicken it (allowed to come to a boil, reduced, and melted in the parmesan), and it came out lovely. thanks
- 12 ounces fettuccine (try spinach or other flavors)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (choose your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettucini according to package directions; drain; return to pot.
- Add butter and toss to coat.
- As pasta is cooking, cook vegetables in steamer or in the microwave, just until tender.
- Add milk and parmesan cheese to fettucini; toss gently.
- Add cooked vegetables and pepper to taste.