Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a delicious alternative to beef stroganoff! Using the ever-popular boneless, skinless chicken breasts, this is a snap to make! This can be made in under half an hour! I usually serve this on top of wide egg noodles, or rice is another great choice.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 12 ounces about 3 3/4 c. fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoons of the oil. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and cooked through turning once, 7 to 10 minute Remove chicken; cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet heat remaining 1 teaspoons of oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minute Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream, chicken broth, dill, salt and black pepper. Add reserved chicken; cook until heated through, about 5 minute.