Recipe by TheDancingCook
Easy, quick and good for you soup. This recipe is actually from a WW website; but for my low carb diet I added some lean ground beef and made some other adaptions. If you are on WW, skip the beef and it's 0 points per serving. If you are watching your sodium intake, use low sodium broth and no added salt tomatoes.
Top Review by Comocozi380
This was really great! I did change a few things. I really don't like to spend a lot of time cooking so in case someone else is like me, this is what I did. I like my soups chunky not runny, so I added and extra pound off lean beef, I used a bag of frozen chopped onions that I used to brown the meat with. I used a 28oz can of diced tomatoes (drained). A 28oz can of cut green beans (drained). Also, the recipe didn't mention anything about it it, but I added 1 cup of salsa for more flavor. I like salsa on everything. I also used 4 more oz of mushrooms. I omitted the zucchini,bay leaves, olive oil..This recipe was GREAT and LOW CARB! THANKYOU!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans broth (beef, chicken, veggie)
- 6 ounces fresh green beans
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste