Easy, quick and good for you soup. This recipe is actually from a WW website; but for my low carb diet I added some lean ground beef and made some other adaptions. If you are on WW, skip the beef and it's 0 points per serving. If you are watching your sodium intake, use low sodium broth and no added salt tomatoes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans broth (beef, chicken, veggie)
- 6 ounces fresh green beans
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium to large pot, heat 1/2 tsp olive oil; brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Add broth, tomatoes, veggies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, cover and cook on low for 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, serve.