Easy, quick and good for you soup. This recipe is actually from a WW website; but for my low carb diet I added some lean ground beef and made some other adaptions. If you are on WW, skip the beef and it's 0 points per serving. If you are watching your sodium intake, use low sodium broth and no added salt tomatoes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 (15 ounce) cans broth (beef, chicken, veggie)
- 6 ounces fresh green beans
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
- bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium to large pot, heat 1/2 tsp olive oil; brown ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Add broth, tomatoes, veggies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, cover and cook on low for 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, serve.
This was really great! I did change a few things. I really don't like to spend a lot of time cooking so in case someone else is like me, this is what I did. I like my soups chunky not runny, so I added and extra pound off lean beef, I used a bag of frozen chopped onions that I used to brown the meat with. I used a 28oz can of diced tomatoes (drained). A 28oz can of cut green beans (drained). Also, the recipe didn't mention anything about it it, but I added 1 cup of salsa for more flavor. I like salsa on everything. I also used 4 more oz of mushrooms. I omitted the zucchini,bay leaves, olive oil..This recipe was GREAT and LOW CARB! THANKYOU!
I've made this with beef and without. More flavor with the beef. I've also added carrots and those were delicious as well. I've never had zucchini but I probably wouldn't use it even if I had it. This soup is a keeper!!
For a healthy soup you can't beat the flavor in this, and it is 100% guilt free! So easy to change up, too!