Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I made this up one day when I didn't have much in the house except leftover ham and some already chopped, cooked onions.
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean
- 1⁄4 cup diced ham
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion, chunks
- margarine or butter
- Poke several holes in the sweet potato with a fork or knife.
- Cook the potato in the microwave for 6 -7 minutes on high, until done.
- In a small skillet or saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook onions and ham with lid on for about 3 minutes, then remove lid and cook until onions are softened and slightly browned.
- Split open the sweet potato and top with onion, ham, salt, pepper and butter to taste. De-e-elish!
Really easy and really tasty. I used turkey ham and no butter or anything. Really good way to get a healthy meal in myself (I had it for dinner) with a minimum of fuss. Thanks!
What a great meal! A few things I changed were using turkey lunch meat instead of ham. Also, I put the onions and turkey on the side, that way I could use what I did not eat of the sweet potato and have it as dessert with splenda and cinnimon! YUMM~!! I'll will be using this dish very often~