1/2 Photos of Quick and Healthy Broiled Pita Pizza
PSU Lioness's Note:
I've been making these for a few weeks now and I can't seem to get enough of them! It comes together easily and it a great filling alternative to a loaded, fattening slice of regular pizza. Add whatever veggies you like to personalize this dish. I've always used a pita shell (unsplit) as the crust, but you could probably use a slice of toast or a toasted thin roll instead. I would not recommend using a tortilla because I don't think it would hold up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler of electric oven or toaster oven.
- 2If pita shell is hard, microwave for 10-15 seconds until it is pliable. Do not split it or it probably won't support the toppings.
- 3Slice tomato so you have 4 thin slices.
- 4Arrange slices on pita so that it is mostly covered.
- 5Spread cottage cheese over tomato slices.
- 6Sprinkle cottage cheese with basil and oregano.
- 7Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over all.
- 8Top with any other veggies or toppings you wish.
- 9Place on broiler tray and broil about 6-8 inches from the heat until cheese is melted and starting to brown (about 7-10 minutes), watching carefully so it does not burn.
- 10If the tomato is still cool, you can microwave it for 10-20 seconds until it is heated through.
- 11I am not sure how to broil in a gas oven. I am sorry for the lack of directions on that method.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Healthy Broiled Pita Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 354.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lowfat mozzarella cheese