Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the Quick and Healthy Vol II book by Brenda Ponichtera. I added half a can of corn and sprinkled extra chopped green onion on them before I put the cheese on. I also tend to use more cheese than called for :-) This recipe makes great appetizers or a light meal.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons salsa, thick and chunky
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 ounces grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Mash beans.
- Add salsa, seasoning, and onion. Mix well.
- Divide filling onto two tortillas. Top with cheese and the remaining two tortillas.
- Spray griddle or skillet with non-fat cooking spray and brown tortillas on both sides.
- Use pizza cutter to cut into wedges.
- Serve with guac, sour cream, or salsa on the side.
Quick, easy, yum! I had all the ingredients on hand except the green onion, but it did not effect the deliciousness!