Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cost per serving is .37 cents. I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs russet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (healthy butter spread)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or 1/2 tsp garlic salt or seasoned salt)
- fresh ground pepper
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic).
- Microwave on HIGH for 10-12 minutes depending on strength of microwave. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover and mash well.
- Stir in yogurt, milk, butter spread and seasonings.
- Cook for a minute or 2 more to heat if necessary.