Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't know where this one is from, but I know it is good.
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup blueberry jam
- 1 (6 ounce) container blueberry yogurt
- 1 firm ripe banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 200°F Heat square or rectangular waffle maker. Spray with Cooking Spray.
- Meanwhile, in 8-inch nonstick skillet, toast pecans over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Place 2 or 3 triangles at a time on waffle maker, leaving at least 1/2 inch of space around each triangle. Close lid of waffle maker; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place cooked waffles on cookie sheet in oven to keep warm.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat spreadable fruit and yogurt over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- To serve, stack 2 crescent waffles, slightly overlapping, on each of 4 serving plates. Spoon 1/4 of the fruit sauce over each serving; top each serving with 1/4 of the banana slices and 1 tablespoon of the pecans. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Garnish with blueberries.
OK, you got my attention with the QUICK, the FRUITY & the WAFFLES, & I couldn't pass on by! Even used fresh blueberries here, too! The only thing I left out was the whipped cream & concentrated on the great flavorcombo of blueberry & toasted nut! AN OUTSTANDING WAFFLE & a recipe I wanna keep! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]