Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great "quick and easy" recipe. Anyone that loves chocolate cake will LOVE this one.
- 1 German chocolate cake mix or 1 butter pecan cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix directions)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix directions)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix directions)
- 1 cup almond toffee pieces
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- powdered sugar
- Mix cake mix according to package directions.
- Fold in toffee bits and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool several minutes; then remove cake from pan.
- Dust with sifted powered sugar.
Easy cake to make. A substitute for the dry powdered sugar topping might be to add a teaspoon of vanilla and a tablespoon or so of milk to the powdered sugar to make a glaze topping.
my family makes this disappear every time I bake it. We use the butter brickle cake mix, or a yellow cake mix with pecan and butter rum flavoring added when the mixes aren't available.
A good moist cake, but I think more of the almond toffee pieces should be added, 'cause I couldn't taste them in this recipe. This tasted like a regular chocolate cake with pecans added.