Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the first thing I ever actually "cooked" for my fiance. It's quick and easy, and you can substitute different ingredients for the toppings for a totally different meal every time!
- 16 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 loaf Texas toast thick bread, cut in half diagonally
- butter or cooking spray, as needed
- 10 ounces seedless raspberry jam
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese (the whipped variety is easiest to use)
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks
- Mix whipping cream, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Dip bread in egg mixture.
- Cook until golden brown in skillet coated with melted butter or cooking spray (I like to add more butter in between each batch).
- Meanwhile, mix jam and juice in a small saucepan and simmer until slightly thick and syrupy.
- Blend cream cheese and fruit in blender or food processor until smooth. If you are not using whipped cream cheese, you may want to warm it slightly so it will mix better.
- Top toast slices with syrup and/or cream cheese mixture. The syrup serves best from a jar with a spout, like you might use for a homemade salad dressing. A leftover syrup bottle would also be good.
- Variations: Substitute other flavors of jam and/or juice, or a different fruit in the cream cheese mix. A small amount of nutmeg is also good in the batter.
The french toast was excellent and the presentation was lovely. I gave it four stars because I felt it needed a bit of salt and double the cinnamon sugar. We made both the raspberry sauce and the fancy cream cheese. Very easy recipe for being so fancy.