Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Slightly spicy Chinese stir-fried potatoes. Adapted from Hot Sour Salty Sweet. This is a nice summer dish because it can be served at any temperature. I prefer peeled potatoes for this dish.
- Heat wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Add chiles and cook, stirring, until they begin to puff up, about 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, pressing them against the pan to brown them.
- Add scallions and salt and stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- I prefer to remove the chiles before serving.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
Yummy and easy potatoes! I served mine at room temperature and left out the scallions as I don't care for them. Crispy and spicy - loved these potatoes - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011
I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks just about right. My guess is that more oil and some chili paste would make it even more authentically Yunnan.
Rating these was hard because I thought they were quite good and DH hated them. Being a room temp dish makes this great for brunches, pot luck, picnics, or any other make ahead event. Made as written using peeled potatoes (a must) and scallions. Think will make for our next breakfast post luck and get a broader range of opinions. Thanks so much for the post.