Recipe by Chocolatl
Slightly spicy Chinese stir-fried potatoes. Adapted from Hot Sour Salty Sweet. This is a nice summer dish because it can be served at any temperature. I prefer peeled potatoes for this dish.
Top Review by loof
Yummy and easy potatoes! I served mine at room temperature and left out the scallions as I don't care for them. Crispy and spicy - loved these potatoes - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 5 dried Thai chiles
- 6 cups cooked potatoes, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup scallion, finely chopped (or a mix of scallions and chives or garlic shoots)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Add chiles and cook, stirring, until they begin to puff up, about 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, pressing them against the pan to brown them.
- Add scallions and salt and stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- I prefer to remove the chiles before serving.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.