Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this recipe last night and my family loved it! It was so easy and done in 30 minutes. It made a ton, I have enough for two meals! Very filling, low fat, and cheap.
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes Rice-A-Roni, long grain and wild rice original
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat free condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 8 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to a boil and add Rice a Roni along with the seasoning packets and carrots.
- I usually have cooked chicken in the freezer, but if you don't already have some cooked and diced, go ahead and do that now while you are waiting for the water to boil.
- Once the Rice and carrots have simmered for about 10-15 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Voila! You are done! This sauce will thicken the longer it stands.