Recipe by CHRISSYG
I found this recipe on a blog on line lifeloveandfood24, (pretty much sums me up too!) I love all of the different vegetables in this, and also the fact that this can be served to both a vegetarian and meat eating crowd (trust me, meat eaters, you'll LOVE This soup) it's hearty flavorful and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium vidalia onions, chopped
- 1 (1 lb) purple eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch-length pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans white beans, drained and lightly rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 cups vegetable broth or 2 -3 cups water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In the bottom of a large pot, add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add onions, zucchini, eggplant and garlic. Sauté for several minutes to soften onions, stirring often.
- When the onions become translucent, add all of the rest of the ingredients. Add enough vegetable broth and/or water to cover ingredients.
- Bring the soup up to a boil, and then lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes or so until the eggplant is tender. Stir the soup every few minutes or so during the simmering time.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with a nice hearty crusty bread.