Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A variation of Audrey Hepburn's favorite lunch spaghetti sauce -- can add nuts, chopped fine or pulverized in a blender, for added protein!
- 3 (2381.35 g) cansan marzano whole peeled tomatoes in puree
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 14.79 ml Italian herb seasoning
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- Heat 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add LAKONIA or SPITIKO olive oil to pan.
- When oil is hot, add minced garlic and stir with wooden spoon.
- Then add grated carrot and diced celery. Cook a few minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, cutting up whole tomatoes.
- Add tomato paste.
- Add Italian herbs and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to lowest setting to simmer sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve over TINKYADA brand brown rice spaghetti with rice bran (a delicious, gluten free pasta!).
- You can add more garlic, oregano or basil to taste. Add tabasco sauce for more heat, if desired. Add any kind of nut ~ whole, sliced, chopped or ground in a food processor) for added protein.