1 hr 5 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
A variation of Audrey Hepburn's favorite lunch spaghetti sauce -- can add nuts, chopped fine or pulverized in a blender, for added protein!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add LAKONIA or SPITIKO olive oil to pan.
- 2When oil is hot, add minced garlic and stir with wooden spoon.
- 3Then add grated carrot and diced celery. Cook a few minutes.
- 4Add canned tomatoes, cutting up whole tomatoes.
- 5Add tomato paste.
- 6Add Italian herbs and sugar.
- 7Bring to a boil, lower heat to lowest setting to simmer sauce.
- 8Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 9Serve over TINKYADA brand brown rice spaghetti with rice bran (a delicious, gluten free pasta!).
- 10You can add more garlic, oregano or basil to taste. Add tabasco sauce for more heat, if desired. Add any kind of nut ~ whole, sliced, chopped or ground in a food processor) for added protein.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Very Tomato-Y Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 188.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian herb seasoning