Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
great for a luncheon, dessert, or a quick dinner.
Make and share this Quick and Easy Vegetable Chicken Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, and drained
- 2 cups finely diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red sweet bell pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, leave some for the topping, broccoli, chicken onion, and bell pepper.
- Spread into buttered, 10 inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a another large bowl, beat together cream, eggs, baking mix, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Slowly pour cream-egg mixture over broccoli-chicken mixture, but DO NOT STIR.
- Bake covered at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until center of pie is firm.
- Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
This was good and different. I followed the recipe as written other then I used milk instead of half and half as I didn't have any. We all enjoyed this but the kids said they would have liked other veggies in it like peas, carrots and corn.