Recipe by Prose
In my opinion, this tastes just like Campbell's, but without the dairy, gluten, and other nonsense. For the non-dairy milk, I used So Delicious brand coconut milk. This is a new product which you can find next to the refrigerated soy milk at your health-food store. It doesn't have a strong coconut flavor, but it does have a lot of good fat, which means it works really well in a recipe like this. You can also try soy milk, nut milk, etc.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Yes, a nice tasting, simple-to-prepare soup, in which I used a low-sodium tomato sauce & then seasoned it with lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! A nice change from the soups I usually make! [Made & reviewed in this year's Special Event ~ Adopt a Veggie Tag!]
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning (like Spike)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour tomato sauce into one or more microwaveable bowls or a saucepan. Slowly stir in non-dairy milk until desired color and consistency are achieved. Add seasonings to taste.
- Microwave about 2 minutes (or until hot) or heat on stove.
- Serve with vegan grilled cheese or your favorite sandwich or salad.