Recipe by Marich
A simple recipe but yummy. This is a mild dish but you can crank it up by adding garlic or lemon juice.
- 1 lb veal or 1 lb chicken cutlet, pounded thin
- enough flour (for dredging)
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 cup dry white wine (not cooking wine)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, if needed (or more)
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge cutlets in flour, salt and pepper. Melt butter in large saute pan(start with a few pats and add as needed while browning). Brown both sides of cutlets in batches over medium heat. Careful not to let butter get brown.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add the thin onion slices and thin mushrooms and saute a few minutes.
- Add wine and reduce on low heat. Put cutlets back in and cover. Simmer till cutlets are tender and sauce thickens a bit.