Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe came from an article in First Magazine (one of my new favorites!) about vanilla and it's benefits. According to the article, the color "renews your resolve", the scent "tames a sweet tooth" (the recipe for the homemade perfume is also posted), and the antioxidant "winter-proofs skin". With the fudge recipe was an explanation that vanilla will "reduce the risk of breast cancer" by inhibiting the growth and development of diseased cells in healthy tissue. SO...eat up gals! Vanilla is good for you! Note: all the cooking times are approximate.
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- chopped pecans or walnuts, to sprinkle on top
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Heat, stirring often, until the mixture is creamy.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 pan and sprinkle with the nuts.
- Refrigerate until firm.