Recipe by Maeven6
I made this up when I was in a hurry for a comfort food for the clan. I just used what was in the pantry and fridge.
- 2 lbs turkey sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb frozen vegetables
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups water (adjust as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven or large stew pot brown your turkey chilie.
- Add onions and spices and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the salsa, tomatoes, and water. Stir well.
- Add the Frozen vegetables. I have done this with Zucchini & Squash blend, my favorite, green beans, mixed greens, and even broccoli and cauliflower. Just whatever is in the freezer. You can also use fresh if you have them on hand.
- Adjust the water for your desired thickness.
- Simmer for 15 minutes to blend flavors and serve with cornbread or rolls.