Recipe by Pepper #2
This has been adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe. It's wonderful for a light dinner after a day at the beach. Next time I may add some sweet peas....
- 1⁄2 lb shell pasta, cooked al dente, cooled and well drained
- 1 (1 cup) container pesto sauce, pre-prepared
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained (or 3 oz. tuna packets)
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, jarred, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta and cook til al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the pesto in a large bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the tuna and flake with a fork.
- Add scallions, roasted red pepper, tomatoes, pasta and salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad to coat.
- Before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese.