Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a dish I whipped together for my fiance. I wanted to make sure he had something yummy and quick to heat up. It turned out very good and maybe even a little TOO rich! Done almost as soon as it takes to cook pasta. The time is probably less, just depends on how long it takes you to chop the veggies.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, diced and in olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces light chunk tuna in water
- 11 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Get your pot of water on the stove and bring to boil.
- While waiting --.
- In a med sauce pan add your sun dried tomatoes. If you can't find them packed in oil, soak sun dried tomatoes in hot water for 20 minute. Drain and chop into thin strips. Also add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat on Med high until tomatoes start to just slightly sizzle in oil. Add onions, celery, and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add baby peas, old bay seasoning, black pepper, and italian seasoning. Let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add drained tuna and lemon juice. Stir and let cook for about 2 minutes before adding can of cream of chicken soup and milk. Stir until completely incorperated and let cook on med for about 4-5 minutes.
- Make sure to add pasta once water starts to boil. Cook until al dente. Drain.
- Sauce should be done around the same time as the pasta, if you time it right.
- As soon as you drain pasta, add sauce and pour into a serving / baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and it's ready to serve.
This was very tasty. Ommitted the seasonings (didn't have any) and swapped the chicken soup for mushroom. I know, I know..... I shouldn't really be rating this when I didn't make it too the recipe. But, it was really quite good. All the kids asked for seconds which was a shame as there wasnt any :-(. Next time I will double up for sure. Thanks Angela Dawn. ps. just remembered I didn't add the 1/2 cup of milk but it wasn't missed!