Prep 12 mins
Cook 5 mins
Faster than the original. Very yummy.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 (6 ounce) canned tuna, drained well
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Boil pasta as directed, drain.
- In same pot, sauté garlic, onion and celery in the olive oil and butter until tender, add cream of mushroom soup, and make cheese sauce to specifications, whisk until smooth. Cook on med-lo for about 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened up some, add tuna and pasta, stir till well mixed.
- Top with breadcrumbs and bake in casserole dish until breadcrumbs are golden, and cheese is bubbling.
- If you want to cut the time down even more, in a different pot, sauté the veggies, and make sauce at the same time that you boil the pasta, then that part will only take about as long it takes for the pasta to boil and cook.