Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe just before I got married. It is in my weekly rotation of dishes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 bag corn chips
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- creamy French dressing
- Brown beef with onion.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water, boil 10 minutes.
- Cool beef.
- Layer lettuce, corn chips, beef, and cheese.
- Add tomatoes, olives, and other toppings if wanted.
- Top with creamy french and enjoy!
Super quick and easy! This is a nice way to use up the crushed tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag. I normally use ranch dressings fot taco salads, and I must say that I enjoyed the French dressing as a change of pace. I served cherry tomatoes around the salad. Thanx for a new taco salad.
Quite enjoyable, and it was so easy! I suggest listing the optional toppings in the ingredients section (as optional). My research said that 2 small onions, chopped was the equivalent of 7/8 cup chopped onion. I used a generic taco seasoning packet and Kraft Free Catalina Dressing (which is a redder version of "French" dressing). This was easy for me to incorporate in my WW program. Thanks for sharing this recipe, mrsteacher22. Made for Spring 2009 Pick A Chef.