Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 mins
This recipe also works well with pork strips too. You can marinade for more than 1 hour if desired. This recipe may be doubled. To save time purchase the pre-cut stir-fry beef strips in the meat department.
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cooked rice
- In a bowl whisk together green onions, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil; place the mixture into a large zip-lock freezer bag.
- Add in beef strips, seal bag and toss to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet heat oil; add in the garlic and dried pepper flakes; cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the beef mixture (with marinade ingredients) cook over medium-high heat for about 3-5 minutes (do not overcook or the beef will burn).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Super good and super easy as usual Kitten! Made exactly as direction, and the sirloin was super tender. Thanks again!
Very yummy!! I ended up using chili flakes too as that's what I have and we like things spicy, I also accidentally put the chili and the garlic in the marinade, still tasted great. I served it with Basmati rice and Recipe #296132. Thanks!!!
very easy and oh so good! loved the garlic and heat in this... thank you so much for posting! I used chili flakes instead of pepper and olive oil :)