Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This uses prepared sweet and sour sauce for those nights when you don't feel like cooking. From Family Circle magazine.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb linguine
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, cleaned
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) sweet and sour sauce, Kikkoman brand is good
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook as per package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12 inch skillet, over medium-high heat, add onions and cook 2 minutes then add broccoli and continue to cook, stirring, an additional 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until shrimp are no longer pink.
- Stir in sweet and sour sauce and the pasta too, tossing with tongs so that ingredients are well blended.
- Remove from heat; divide onto plates and serve immedietly.
Very good recipe....quick stir-fry. I added carrots, cauliflower as well as broccoli and served over rice.
I thought this was very good.But I had to add 2 bottles of sweet & sour.Might try Chicken next time.