Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hard working cowboys love the crunchy, smoky flavor while waiting for the meal to be served.
- 20 fat jalapenos
- 40 slices cheddar cheese (quarter inch thick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 20 slices bacon, cut in half (pork or turkey)
- Cut the jalapeños lengthwise in half and using a small spoon scrape out seeds and veins.
- Fill each half with 2 teaspoons cream cheese.
- Cut cheddar cut in 1/4 by 1/4 inch strips 2 - 3 inches long. Lay the strip of cheddar on top of the cream cheese.
- Wrap the jalapeño/cheese with 1/2 strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- On a large flat pan (cookie sheet) covered on top with foil place the jalapeños.
- Cook on an open fire, in a grill or in the oven (350 degrees) until done.