Quick 'special' dinner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb steak fillet, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce (ketchup is fine)
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushroom (optional)
- 1Sprinkle the beef strips with the paprika and toss to coat.
- 2Heat the olive oil and butter in a wok over high heat.
- 3Stirfry the beef, along with the green onions, (add mushrooms at this stage if using) for a couple of minutes.
- 4Remove with a slotted spoon and pour out any remaining oil.
- 5Over a low heat, stir the brandy, tomato sauce, lemon juice and sour cream together.
- 6Simmer a minute or two, then tip the beef strips back in and stir together.
- 8Lovely served over hot buttered noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.6
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 99.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: