Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great and EASY stir fry dish. I found this online in rec.food.recipes. I am planning to try it later this week with tofu for a veggie meal.
- 226.79 g flank steaks
- 473.18 ml pea pods
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 slice gingerroot
- 2 stalk chopped green onions
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml water
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml sesame oil (optional)
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- Rinse rice in pot, and cook (follow package directions).
- While the rice is cooking, slice flank steak in thin slices (approximately 2 inches long by a quarter inch wide) and place in marinade.
- Make sure that the steak is coated in marinade.
- Wash pea pods and pinch off the ends.
- Chop the green onions and slice ginger.
- Heat large skillet on high heat.
- Drop 1 tbsp olive oil onto skillet.
- Put meat and marinade in skillet and fry until brown.
- Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Add ginger and green onions to skillet.
- Fry 1 minute.
- Add the pea pods and water chestnuts.
- Fry until pea pods are hot but not soggy.
- The rice should be finished by now.
- Serve stir-fry over rice.
- NOTES: I use small package of Green Giant frozen Sugar Snap Peas so I don't have to wash and prepare the fresh vegetables.
- I microwave them for 2 minutes to defrost them.
- You could also substitute other vegetables for the pea pods such as chopped broccoli or chopped green peppers.
- You can also add more vegetables, such as carrots and/or peppers.
- I also buy the steak "thin sliced", and cut those slices up.
- Makes it cook really fast and a bit more fun to eat.
Such a great, easy recipe to throw together--yet so enjoyable! I added ginger in a tube to the marinate and red peps and two Thai chilis to the stir-fry. You could add any vegie, like broccoli. Yums!
I'm sorry but this was awful. So salty, and I didn't even add the salt. Just not an over all flavor I enjoyed.
Very good recipe. However, I hate water chestnuts so I omitted them and added sliced mushrooms. Very flavorful and quick and easy. I also made lo mein instead of rice. Would have been better with rice. Another keeper!