1/2 Photos of Quick and Easy Stir-Fry Beef
Great and EASY stir fry dish. I found this online in rec.food.recipes. I am planning to try it later this week with tofu for a veggie meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces flank steaks
- 2 cups pea pods
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 slices gingerroot
- 2 stalks chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Rinse rice in pot, and cook (follow package directions).
- 2While the rice is cooking, slice flank steak in thin slices (approximately 2 inches long by a quarter inch wide) and place in marinade.
- 3Make sure that the steak is coated in marinade.
- 4Wash pea pods and pinch off the ends.
- 5Chop the green onions and slice ginger.
- 6Heat large skillet on high heat.
- 7Drop 1 tbsp olive oil onto skillet.
- 8Put meat and marinade in skillet and fry until brown.
- 9Add more olive oil if necessary.
- 10Add ginger and green onions to skillet.
- 11Fry 1 minute.
- 12Add the pea pods and water chestnuts.
- 13Fry until pea pods are hot but not soggy.
- 14The rice should be finished by now.
- 15Serve stir-fry over rice.
- 16NOTES: I use small package of Green Giant frozen Sugar Snap Peas so I don't have to wash and prepare the fresh vegetables.
- 17I microwave them for 2 minutes to defrost them.
- 18You could also substitute other vegetables for the pea pods such as chopped broccoli or chopped green peppers.
- 19You can also add more vegetables, such as carrots and/or peppers.
- 20I also buy the steak "thin sliced", and cut those slices up.
- 21Makes it cook really fast and a bit more fun to eat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Stir-Fry Beef
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.1
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 827.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.0 g