- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 32 ounces chicken broth or 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more for table)
- chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms until tender but not browned.
- Add orzo and stir to coat.
- Add carrots, peas and broth. Bring to boil and cook until orzo is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan and cover.
- Let rest 5-8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper.