1/4 Photos of Quick and Easy Spring Vegetable Orzo
A risotto-style dish made with orzo pasta. No constant stirring necessary!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 32 ounces chicken broth or 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more for table)
- chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan.
- 2Sauté onions and mushrooms until tender but not browned.
- 3Add orzo and stir to coat.
- 4Add carrots, peas and broth. Bring to boil and cook until orzo is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan and cover.
- 6Let rest 5-8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Spring Vegetable Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 1161.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 24.8 g