Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a favorite recipe from the National Fisheries Institute. I have not tried it because I'm allergic to seafood, but the rest of my family likes it.
- 1 lb crabmeat, cooked and flaked cartilage removed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, in tomato puree undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- Combine tomatoes, water, broth, celery, onion, seafood seasoning, and lemon pepper in 6 quart soup pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add corn and peas; simmer 10 minutes more.
- Add crabmeat and simmer until hot. Serve.