Recipe by Doing it Right
This recipe was given to me by my mom, who lives in a retirement community and this cake recipe was requested over and over again at potluck functions. I have one baking in the oven right now and it smells heavenly. Please see bottom for variations.
Top Review by Deb G
Because I did not have a spice cake mix, I made this with a yellow cake mix to which I added 1 tsp. cinnamon plus 1/2 tsp. each cloves and nutmeg. Otherwise I followed the recipe. It is very good, and the whole family enjoyed it.
- 510.29 g box spice cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 595.33 g can apple pie filling (21 ounce can)
- 3 eggs
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine cake mix, apple pie filling and eggs.
- Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon well.
- Pour half the cake batter into the sprayed pan.
- Sprinkle half the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the cake mixture.
- Pour remaining cake mixture into the pan, and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- ***Original recipe also stated that you could switch spice cake mix with a yellow cake mix and Peach pie filling for the apple pie filling. It also said that there was no need for frosting, but a dollop of cool whip might be nice.