1/1 Photo of Quick and Easy Spice Cake
Doing it Right's Note:
This recipe was given to me by my mom, who lives in a retirement community and this cake recipe was requested over and over again at potluck functions. I have one baking in the oven right now and it smells heavenly. Please see bottom for variations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl combine cake mix, apple pie filling and eggs.
- 3Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
- 5In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon well.
- 6Pour half the cake batter into the sprayed pan.
- 7Sprinkle half the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the cake mixture.
- 8Pour remaining cake mixture into the pan, and spread evenly.
- 9Sprinkle the remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
- 10Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 11***Original recipe also stated that you could switch spice cake mix with a yellow cake mix and Peach pie filling for the apple pie filling. It also said that there was no need for frosting, but a dollop of cool whip might be nice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick and Easy Spice Cake
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.9
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g