Recipe by canarygirl
Magnifico! Classic spaghetti with meat sauce ready in about 45 minutes! MMMMMMMM
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This is a very nice sauce and was very easy to prepare, as well as very quick. The directions were very clear and accurate. The taste was good, but didn't quite suit our tastes. I felt the peppers and the thyme were very pronounced, and even though I love those two ingredients, they overwhelmed the sauce for me. This, unfortunately didn't go over as well with my family as I had hoped.
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb chicken
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 beef double bouillon cubes (Knorr)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a shallow soup pot.
- Sauteé garlic until golden, then add onions and peppers.
- Sauteé until onions are starting to become translucent, then add beef, and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown until cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
- Drain grease.
- Add wine (if using) and allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, boullion cube, parsley, oregano, thyme and basil, salt and pepper and sugar.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 1 minute then reduce heat to med-low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti, top with parmesan cheese and serve with crusty french bread.