Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Learned from my mom, very basic recipe. It can be changed to suit any taste. I usually use more garlic, and some parmasian, even used italian sausage instead of ground beef, but I'm just putting down the basic way I learned.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme (spices can be increased to taste)
- 6 -8 ounces sliced button mushrooms (can be fresh)
- Brown ground beef and onion together in a skillet, drain.
- Add other ingredients, simmer on medium low, stir occasionally.
- Once bubbly, can be served at any time over spagetti, or other noodle.
Easy and tasty, this is something similar to what my grandmother did for spaghetti sauce, though sometimes she would add bell pepper as well as mushrooms or just bell peppers, it is thick and flavourful and it smells great. I used a mix of ground pork and beef and fresh button mushrooms (it was the cheapest at the supermarket) and it worked out well. I added a bit more oregano, but that is only thing I changed with the spices. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2013.