Recipe by gourmet_girl
I thought this up in the middle of the night last night based on ingredients I had on hand. It was really simple and melt in your mouth delicious! I plan to make it as an appetizer for my next party! I used the wild mushroom triple cream brie from Trader Joe's because it was what I had, and it worked really well. I'm trying to think of a pretty way to garnish to make them more appealing on a party platter. Maybe a little caviar? Feel free to experiment and comment with suggestions! Measurements are approximate.
- 2 (3 ounce) cans smoked oysters
- 1 lb triple cream mushroom-flavored brie cheese
- 30 Ritz crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the brie. I microwaved it for a few seconds until it just started to melt out because I like it a little warm. Don't let it go too long or it will just be goo.
- Spread about a teaspoon of the soft brie (rind and all) onto each Ritz cracker.
- Top each cheesy cracker with 1/2 to one whole smoked oyster, depending on their size. Pop the whole thing in your mouth and be amazed.