A fast and tasty way to cook potatoes. Think a combination of baked and fried. Only two ingredients. No hassle cooking while you prepare the rest of the meal. This is a family favorite. The recipe can be adjusted without effort for the number of people you plan to serve.
- Heat a lidded skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Scrub potatoes and cut in half lengthwise.
- Place butter in skillet until melted.
- Spread butter evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
- Place potato halves cut side down in skillet.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and the cut surfaces are golden brown.
- Serve with additional butter and salt as desired.
My husband really liked these, I found them a little bland and a bit dry. I will try this again cooking the potatoes a little longer. Thanks!
Oh yeah, so good! I added seasoning salt and garlic powder. Even my picky toddler liked them! I had baby potatoes so did about 10 of them. They were done in about 35 minutes.
Easy and delicious. Liked by all. Like a silly, I cut the potatoes in half widthwise, so after browning the potatoes, I popped them in the microwave to finish cooking them. I did add salt and pepper to the finished product. Next time, I will put a bit of minced garlic in the butter. Served with Garlicky Chicken for a delicious and easy meal! Thanks for a definite repeat!