Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This makes a wonderful quick meal that takes only minutes to put together, the sauce amounts listed is enough for 2-3 ham slices, you may double or triple for more slices --- I have even made this using grape jelly in place of the cranberry sauce, if desired you may brown the ham slices on both sides before adding to the sauce, this is *very* good! :)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 ounce) canwhole cranberry sauce (can use jellied cranberry sauce but the whole is better)
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 slices cooked ham (can use more)
- In a skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in whole cranberry sauce, green onions, water, mustard, brown sugar, ginger and black pepper; bring to a boil, mixing constantly then simmer about 3 minutes.
- Adjust the ginger, brown sugar and pepper to taste if desired.
- Add in the ham slices and cook for 3-4 minutes.
This was quick, easy, and yummy - even my kids ate it. What more could I ask for?
Another outstanding recipe Kittencal. I've been wanting to make ham slices for a while and this seemed like a good recipe to try out for them. I always loved the taste of cranberry sauce with any meat or chicken and this satisfied my craving for ham in an inexpensive way. Only change I made was to cook it a little longer than stated simply because I like to make sure my onions are cooked and don't have a raw taste. Thanks Kittencal!