Recipe by Daniel'sWife
A rich and creamy tortellini casserole, with a gooey cheese crust. Get creative, try mascarpone or ricotta in place of the cream cheese. Or, try smoked mozzarella or fontina on top. This would also be wonderful with wild mushroom tortellini and a jar of alfredo sauce instead of marinara. Adjust the recipe to your taste. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini (fresh, frozen, dried, or refrigerated)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups marinara sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, but just shy of al dente (the pasta will continue to cook in the oven).
- Meanwhile, heat the cream cheese and the marinara sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- Prepare a 2qt. casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the pasta, and add to the casserole dish.
- Pour the creamy marinara sauce over the pasta.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until top is golden and bubbly.