Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
A rich and creamy tortellini casserole, with a gooey cheese crust. Get creative, try mascarpone or ricotta in place of the cream cheese. Or, try smoked mozzarella or fontina on top. This would also be wonderful with wild mushroom tortellini and a jar of alfredo sauce instead of marinara. Adjust the recipe to your taste. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini (fresh, frozen, dried, or refrigerated)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups marinara sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, but just shy of al dente (the pasta will continue to cook in the oven).
- Meanwhile, heat the cream cheese and the marinara sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the cream cheese is melted and smooth.
- Prepare a 2qt. casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the pasta, and add to the casserole dish.
- Pour the creamy marinara sauce over the pasta.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until top is golden and bubbly.
Really good and an easy dish to make.
This is such a nice FAST dinner to make. I take night classes, so when I get home I just make this really quick and the kids love it!! This is a very rich dinner, so I can see this working well as a side dish too. Will make this over and over, especially on test nights for for finals. YUMMM!!!
A good after work quick meal. Would be good as a side dish since it it SO rich.